New Friends

Archive for Fringe/Neutral characters
Xerxes

New Friends

Post#1 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:39 am

It had been a slow day for Scott, he didn't go after any bounties, and had really just been sitting at the cantina enjoying some music and talking to people. He sat down for a bit and looked around the place taking in the vivid scenery that accompanied most cantinas the gruff bartender serving the drinks, the smoky atmosphere, and who could forget about the beady distrustful eyes everywhere. It definitely wasn't the sights that attracted Scott to these kinds of places, nor was it the drinks or second rate food. If he could put his finger on the one thing that really kept him coming back to the cantinas it was the sounds, specifically the music he just loved it, seeing as he could get lost in it for hours. This was also the only place he could really find where he could just go in and make some friends, something he didn't have a lot of in the galaxy. He would usually try to pinpoint the most interesting characters in the place and talk to them, but no one noteworthy had walked in thus far. He looked at the bartender and ordered another one of whatever he had been drinking for the past hour when a quite peculiar man walked into the bar. He was interesting because he was dressed like a homeless. The man sat down in the open seat next to Scott and ordered a water. Scott had probably been eyeing him for far too long as the man began to notice the look he was getting from Scott. As soon as he turned his head Scott diverted his eyes to his drink and waited for the homeless man to make first contact.

DarthVickers

Re: New Friends

Post#2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:54 am

Setto ducked quickly into the cantina as four Imperial troopers nearly saw him. He surveyed the room as he slowly walked to the bar. No problems in here. he thought as he crept towards the bar. As he sat on the creaking seat, the besalisk bartender rumaged behind the counter.
"I'll be with ya in a sec!" he told the young jedi. Setto nodded as he waited, noticing a man siting next to him studying him. Is he here to turn me in? He thought as the bartender stood back up and faced him.
"What can I get ya for?" the besalisk asked.
"Do you have anything without spice or alcohol in it?" Setto questioned. The bartender answered with a hardy laugh and then continued with "I'll get you a water, you light-weight." Setto smirked as he looked the bartender in the face. "I just don't drink anymore."
As the bartender walked off, Setto's focus returned to the man siting next to him. Setto wondered if the man was empire, so he decided to intervene with "Can I help you, friend?"

Ghinn Rast
Bounty Hunter

Post#3 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:15 am

Adenn was not the biggest fan of the Brentaal system. Their spaceport was crowded and it had an eerily efficient, almost hyper-efficient, security system that made it hard for someone in his job to get to certain jobs or away from those jobs when away was where he needed to be. Still, security never stopped Adenn before and it didn't stop him now.

He came to Brentaal to look for a job and opted on a dive bar that a squad of Imperials had passed by, clearly not interested in drinking there. The less officials in a place, the better it was for him. He shouldered his way through them, ignoring the one that tried to verbally stop him - he sounded new - Adenn entered the bar.

The place was crowded, but not packed. He walked through the milling drinkers and took a seat at an empty table, lifting a gauntleted hand for a waitress to come over and get him a drink. When she left he took his helmet off and set it on the table. He scratched an itch on his jaw then picked up the stained and half ripped menu.

Xerxes

Post#4 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Scott sat there awkwardly eyeing his drink before deciding to respond to the vagabond next to him. He thought of what to say for a little bit as to not say something that would offend him, and this generated a pleasant awkward silence. Eventually he turned to speak to him, but a rather peculiar person caught his eye a Mandalorian it seemed odd that he would be in Brental IV. This disrupted his train of thought and he completely forgot about what he was going to say, but eventually he just downed the rest of his drink and said.

"No, I don't need any help, thanks. Just weird is all kind of like a set up to a bad joke. A homeless man walks into a bar clearly running from something, and wait for it."

He said as he laughed a little bit. "Orders a water. Not to be offensive or anything, it's just weird is all."

As he finished speaking, he started looking around a bit and caught sight of that Mandalorian who was reading a menu now.
"I wonder if he expects to get anything good to eat in this place." He thought to himself as he began to reach for his pocket to pay for his drinks.

DarthVickers

Post#5 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:57 pm

Homeless? I look homeless?! I guess to an onlooker that a Jedi would look homeless thought Setto once he heard the man's reply. He received his water and gave the bartender some credits. He then took a sip and replied "We have to find our way to get by." He froze after he said that, as he sensed a massive force presence in the room. Is he from my family? Setto thought as quickly caught a glimpse of the Mandolorian. Feeling uncomfortable with the massive force presence in the room, Setto said "Would you like to get some food? I am a little low on credits, but I'll pay for what I can." He studied the room, incase he needed an escape. Setto sensed around the room, but couldn't find an exit to avoid conflict. And just when I thought i would be getting off a planet without a fight.

Ghinn Rast
Bounty Hunter

Post#6 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:36 am

Adenn handed the menu politely back to the waitress when she returned with a drink in a metal cup that was bubbling and had a vapor wafting up from it. With a sniff he took a sip, then a longer swig. Putting the cup back down, he opened a panel on his gauntlet and started to type on the keys that ppeared under a small screen, waiting for his food to arrive.

Xerxes

Post#7 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:09 am

Scott sat around thought about whether or not to buy some stranger he just met some food, for some reason he was inclined to. He asked the bartender for a menu to hand to his friend; Scott didn't take one because he wasn't too hungry. His focus re shifted to the Mandalorian who was doing something with his hands for some reason Scott got a weird vibe from him, but he couldn't quite put his finger on why. He kept a hand on his blaster in case things hit the fan and then he told the hungry homeless.

"Pick whatever you want it's cheap and it's barely food, but it'll satiate your hunger. Name's Scott by the way figured we might as well get acquainted since I'm buying you food."

DarthVickers

Post#8 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:37 am

"The name is Set." Setto said before looked at the menu. Well, this...looks decent he thought before his mind wandered to the Mandolarian sitting away from him. Setto sensed distress in Scott, and noticed he moved his hand towards his blaster. Setto got Scott's attention, then nodded towards the mandolorian. "This guy is dangerous." Setto whispered before the bartender took his order.

Ghinn Rast
Bounty Hunter

Post#9 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 am

Adenn finished his drink when his burger came out. The waitress took it for a refill while Adenn picked up the burger. He opened and took his first bite—oh, what heaven that first bite was. The bun, like a sesame freckled breast of an angel, resting gently on the ketchup and mustard below, flavors mingling in a seductive pas de deux. And then…a pickle! The most playful little pickle! Then a slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce and a…a patty of ground beef so exquisite, swirling in his mouth, breaking apart, and combining again in a fugue of sweets and savor so delightful. This was no mere sandwich of grilled meat and toasted bread*, this was a burger. A true, real, burger.

The door to the tavern opened with a bang, slamming against thew all. Six Imperial soldiers marched in, and after them a man wearing the armor and insignia of an Imperial Knight.

His eyes slowly surveyed the now silent room. When it came around to Adenn, the Mandalorian met his gaze and waited for him to look on to someone else. When he did, Adenn put the last piece of burger in his mouth and hoped he would have time to get to the fries.

"Someone in here is a renegade." The Knight said, his voice booming powerfully through the small room. "If they give themselves up peacefully, no one will need to be hurt and they can leave with their dignity, and body, intact."

----
[OOC: Burger speech taken shamelessly from How I Met Your Mother]

Xerxes

Post#10 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:26 am

Scott slowly started pulling his blaster out as he usually did whenever figures of authority showed their faces in low life establishments such as these. He turned to his friend and had assumed by this point that he was the one that they were after, he considered helping him for a couple of seconds. He also considered turning him in to see what kind of price he would fetch he brandished his blaster pistol under the counter, and then turned to Set and said "I'm assuming these were the guys you were running from."

He thought that he would wait to hear firstly how much money Set was going for and secondly if it was in fact him they were after. All the while Scott kept his cool as to not draw attention to himself and Set without needing to, he just listened to the band play on for a small amount of time before the imperials would speak again.

DarthVickers

Post#11 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:35 am

As he heard what Scott said, he nodded. He pursed his lips as he began to think of a strategy on how to defeat them. Setto was calm; this was not his first bout with Imperials or even Imperial Knights. He studied them from their actions as they came in, All weak, except that Knight there. Six troopers is a bit to take out by myself. And if I did take them out, who's to say I won't be attacked by everyone who wants some money for the Jedi bounty. This is tricky. Maybe I could get Scott here to help, or he would turn on me and try and kill me. I don't want to have to fight 8 people at once. He fiddled with his drink as he waited for the troopers to move and spread themselves out or move in unison away from the Knight. That Knight was going to be trouble. Setto's first Knight was troublesome, and even caused one of Setto's many scars to form.

Xerxes

Post#12 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:44 am

Scott decided that he would help Set he somehow managed to convince himself that Set would make a valuable ally. He tapped Set on the shoulder so that he would follow him into a denser area of the Cantina. Once they were in the center of the crowd, so to speak, Scott aimed his blaster at the troopers and Imperial Knight, since they were standing out in the open. Before firing, he turned to Set and said

"I'm gonna shoot them and once the commotion starts you and I are gonna duck out of here my ship isn't too far."

Once Set nodded Scott turned and got one of the troopers in his sight, he fired two blaster bolts into his chest, and then aimed at the Knight and fired a couple of times before ducking through the crowd with Set towards a back exit. He assumed that the imperials would be too busy trying to find the one who fired those shots in the crowd to notice them leaving so he and Set began to run towards his ship, once they were outside.

Ghinn Rast
Bounty Hunter

Post#13 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:33 am

Adenn saw movement in the corner of his eye before a shot was fired and the entire bar became an uproar of panic and terror. Diving under his table, Adenn wondered why that idiot would have shot at the guards in such a small space? It was painfully obvious who did it because most of the crowd was sitting quite still and just muttering.

The guards began to back out of the bar while the Knight shoved his way through the now violent crowd, following the shooter out of the door. Outside, the other soldiers who had not entered split up. some going into see the commotion and some taking off after the two men who had run out the back.

Adenn managed to get out of the bar as well, after the Knight had burst through the back door pursuing the two men who were now running.

DarthVickers

Post#14 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:08 am

Setto sensed the men running behind him were after him. The Jedi told his new friend "Take cover or get the ship, I'll hold them off." As Scott ran off, Setto ignited his saber, redirecting the blaster fire. The emerald glow of his saber caused many to run at the sight of it. As if playing a sport, Setto redirected several blaster bolts back at the soliders. 3 were hit by their own bolts, and the other troopers ran for cover. The only person left was the Knight.

"I'm surprised you were able to hide for so long, Jedi!" The Knight said as he ignited his silver blade and attacked Setto. The Knight unleashed a flurry of blows as Setto defended.

Xerxes

Post#15 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:19 am

Scott was almost out of breath and he knew that the guys who were some ways off behind them were after the two. Set said that he could take them while Scott got his ship, and Scott didn't doubt this. He was just worried of his odds against the guy giving the orders. He decided that running for the ship would be the most effective thing to do in this situation. If Set died Scott was in no trouble, they hadn't seen his face, if Set lived then it was good to as this would affirm Scott's assumption of him being a valuable ally. He ran and as he did so he heard blaster fire and humming, he decided to not turn around and he kept running. Eventually he reached his ship and powered it on. Not ten seconds passed and he was already in the air heading for Set.

Return to “Fringe Fantasies”