(Completed) Site Moving Server - Downtime - 14/10/18 - 11AM to 3PM AEST (+10)

ANNOUNCEMENTS from the community team, including staff changes, bug-fixes, and site related changes.
Fallini
Design
Design

(Completed) Site Moving Server - Downtime - 14/10/18 - 11AM to 3PM AEST (+10)

Post#1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:11 am

This Move has now been completed.
Site Moving Server Hi all, this Sunday (14/10/18), starting from 11AM AEST (+10), you can expect the site to be down while we move over to our new server hosts, siteground. This downtime is expected to take up to 4 hours however will not necessarily take the full length of time.

What does this mean for me?

Nothing really, except for the scheduled downtime, you will be able to continue like normal after the server switch.

Will the site have a new URL?

Yes, the new server will come with a new URL. The PHPBB version of the site will be located on a sub-domain of our server thus having a slightly different URL to when we finally move to Xenforo software.

How do I get to the new site after the move?

Use the current URL http://swg.distant-fantasies.net. We will be setting up our current URL to automatically redirect anyone going there to the site's new url. You just continue using the URL like usual. It is recommended that once you are re-directed you do get used to using the new URL.

What the darn is AEST?!?!

Australian Eastern Standard Time. It is the the timezone that I live in. Also keep in mind there is no daylight savings in the great state of Queensland, where I live.

Is this a move by the sith to take control of the site?

I love Star Wars.. I love this Site. The power you give me I will lay down when this crisis has abated. And as my first act with this new authority, I will create a Grand Arm... I mean, no.

But what about {INSERT QUESTION HERE}?

Feel free to ask any questions about the move either in this thread or through the discord.

Return to “Staff Announcements”